Friday, February 6, 2009

Joyous Reunion

It has been 12 years since I have seen my friend, Susan Winters. We worked together at GB Escrow when I was right out of high school. She lives in Simi Valley so we met half way for lunch on Friday. She brought her daughter, Jennifer, with her. I was in shock at hold grown up (OK, old :)) Jennifer is now. She is currently attending Moorpark College.

We gave each other a really long hug and promised not to be strangers. My heart was full of joy in reconnecting with her again. I smiled for the rest of the day because of it. We had SO much fun catching each other up on our families and their lives. We have both been blessed with good families. We brought pictures and talked non stop for over two hours. I am surprised we finished our salads. One person ate while the other talked. :)
Thank you for taking time to reconnect, Susan. Let's do it again soon!
P.S. This is not a bad picture for coming from my phone. It was raining so I left my camera in the car.

2 comments:

Kate said...

So fun! I cannot believe you had that job right out of high school. I remember when you had to drive with Dad 'all the way to LA' for work. I thought you were so old... I really cannot believe you were that young.... it is al about perspective. Glad you got together... sounds like you had a lot of fun.

MEB said...

I totally remember Susan! That is so neat you were able to get together.