(Picture of Mom and I at the Sept 2008 RS Activity where we assembled Hygiene kits)
My heart was tender today when I reflected on the example my mother sets for me as a woman of faith.
The theme for the youth at church this year is 1 Timothy 4:12 - Be thou an example of the believers in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. This is on my mind a lot right now because of the preparation of our church girl's camp.
I have know for a long time that my mother has great faith. I thank the Lord for the reminder today. I had a special moment in my car this morning. I even called mom to say thank you for her example and I had a hard time speaking because I got all choked up.
Here is the story: Mom has been very concerned about our lack or rain. She tells me all the time that she is praying for rain. I have joined her in her prayers. One day last week we were experiencing the beauty of a "perfect weather" day in Camarillo. I told her how blessed I felt that we lived here. She agreed and then commented again on our need for rain. She told me then that she was going to fast on Sunday for rain.
When I was checking the weather report (Alisa said this is the mom side of me) on Monday night I learned there was rain in the forecast for this week. I was so surprised because it wasn't there last week. Then I remembered my conversation with mom last week. I called her immediately and told her about the report. She said she heard and believed it really would rain. You see often times we have rain in the forecast but rarely do we actually see the rain. Well, as I drove to work this morning it began to rain and it rained all day. There is even a 70% chance of rain tomorrow. I believe we were blessed with rain because of my mother's great faith.
Thank you mom for being my example of the believers in faith! I love you!!
My heart was tender today when I reflected on the example my mother sets for me as a woman of faith.
The theme for the youth at church this year is 1 Timothy 4:12 - Be thou an example of the believers in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. This is on my mind a lot right now because of the preparation of our church girl's camp.
I have know for a long time that my mother has great faith. I thank the Lord for the reminder today. I had a special moment in my car this morning. I even called mom to say thank you for her example and I had a hard time speaking because I got all choked up.
Here is the story: Mom has been very concerned about our lack or rain. She tells me all the time that she is praying for rain. I have joined her in her prayers. One day last week we were experiencing the beauty of a "perfect weather" day in Camarillo. I told her how blessed I felt that we lived here. She agreed and then commented again on our need for rain. She told me then that she was going to fast on Sunday for rain.
When I was checking the weather report (Alisa said this is the mom side of me) on Monday night I learned there was rain in the forecast for this week. I was so surprised because it wasn't there last week. Then I remembered my conversation with mom last week. I called her immediately and told her about the report. She said she heard and believed it really would rain. You see often times we have rain in the forecast but rarely do we actually see the rain. Well, as I drove to work this morning it began to rain and it rained all day. There is even a 70% chance of rain tomorrow. I believe we were blessed with rain because of my mother's great faith.
Thank you mom for being my example of the believers in faith! I love you!!
3 comments:
Mom is constantly producing these great stories without knowing or trying. Just the fact that she was fasting for something like rain rather than some personal issue shows her care and love for everything around her.
You are my HERO! Your mom is my HERO as well. You both look so good! Please know how much I care about you and your family! I miss you all in California. We will talk soon! LOVE you much!! Gloria
Thank you for your very kind words. I just read this blog and humbled by your love and great faith. We have been greatly blessed with this rain! Thank you!
Post a Comment