Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Service Blesses My Life

Our Dancing Lori Michelle Bird









I started this day off nice and early...6:30am. I got to "play mom" for a day to Michelle & Zack's children. Actually it ended up being only half a day when all was said and done. I know I was there to provide service to my sister, but I feel like I am the one who benefited from this experience. Here are the ways I was blessed:

1. I was able to see first hand how my mother's example of serving her family in great detail from a certain kind of pancakes to a packed lunch to laudry put away is being carried on in the house of my sister, Michelle. She does an amazing job in her roles as wife and mother.

2. I witnessed Ty's great love and patience for his younger sisters. Bryn woke up earlier than expected and she wanted nothing to do with me. Ty heard her crying and got up to see if he could help out. He was up at 6:45am cuddling with Bryn on the couch watching a cartoon. As she whined he asked what she needed. It went from a sipper cup with milk to a blanket to sitting in the high chair with dry cold cereal. Wow, it is not a common sight to see a nine year old display love AND patience with an eighteen month old sister.

3. I heard the love of Lori for her big brother as we dropped off him off at school and she said to me, "drive slow as we go around the school so I can see Ty and make sure he is safe". So precious!

4. I had some GREAT one on one time with Lori and Bryn as we ate breakfast (pancake batter Michelle made the night before so Lori could have her favorite breakfast), select what they wore for the day, and read books together.

5. Today was dance class day for Lori. I was so excited to go and watch her. I even brought my handy, dandy camera! :) She is a good listener and a focussed student. She had SO much fun and loved that I was there taking pictures. She told all of her classmates that I was her aunt and I was taking pictures of her. I am posting a few pictures for your enjoyment!

THANK YOU MICHELLE for inviting me to serve your family.

5 comments:

Kate said...

SO precious! Love all the stories. Ty is such a great brother. I LOVE the pictures of Lori dancing... she looks good.

Great jobs on the posting... love the new background too! :)

Rachel Barlow said...

glory glory hallejulah (sp) you updated!! go corriny borhiny (sp...again) if i was mckay i'd get up and do your dance! but way to go!!! it's great!!! your great! i love all the pictures!!

p.s. i don't ever remember doing a mission project in 4th grade.

MEB said...

Hooray for updating your blog. This is a neat post and a blessing you were able to help Michelle and Zack. I love the pictures and I love your new background.

The Bartschi's said...

Beautiful pics. I hope Ashley dances like that some day. With Ashley Gerringer as her teacher she just may :)

Zachary Bird said...

Thanks Corrine!!
My kids LOVE you!!
Thanks for all of your help and the cookies. You are GREAT!