Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Corrine

I am having a hard time believing I am 39!!!!! Do you realize that means I have now entered my 40th year of life. I am going to have to remind myself of that frequently so I get used to hearing the big 40. I certainly do not feel 40. Only when I can remember back 35 years or so do I realize time has really passed. Of course on a day to day basis I am in shock at how fast time does fly. For example, are we really decorating our homes for the fall holidays?!?
As you know I believe in birthdays. Even if I am getting older I still believe it is a time to celebrate. I was blessed to be completely spoiled by my family this year. I had three different birthday cakes! The day started off with a crepe breakfast with family and friends. Then mom hung out with me most of the day to do my "projects". We even went to lunch at one of my favorite places, Hot Dog on a Stick (not on Weight Watchers but hey it is my birthday).

A great way to end the day was attending the Relief Society Broadcast at our stake center. It was awesome and spirit filled. I felt like a call to be a solider in the Lord's army as I listened to Sister Beck's talk. President Uchtdorf made me laugh and realize I need to focus on the things that bring true happiness. Before the broadcast the women in our stake worked together to make 904 hygiene kits for Humanitarian aid. Mom and I got to be quality control as the bags were completed. It was a neat experience.

At the end of the evening the Barlow women gathered at my home for some YUMMY Chocolate Satin Pie from Marie Calenders.

Oh, I almost forgot to say I finally learned how to do make up "the modern way" with the powders. I had fun while Melinda pampered me at 11pm.

It was a great day!

P.S. My birthday present this year was a Nano. This is my first time owning one. I am excited to listen to talks and books on it as well as the Ensign each month. Of course, I am having fun going through all of my CDs and selecting the songs I like. Yes, I have the Nano you can shake and shuffle, Kate! It is an amazing piece of technology. Guess what color I chose?......








BLUE!

5 comments:

Kate said...

NICE!!!! So jealous of the Nano, but so happy for you. Love the make over with the new part and mineral make-up.. looks beautiful!

MEB said...

I can't believe you forgot about your homemade oreo cookie cake! :) It was so fun to be home for you birthday. I am glad you had a great day. Get ready for round 2 of the make-over when I come home in November. :)
Love you!

Rachel Barlow said...

happy birthday oldest sister! i'm glad you are realizing you are entering into your 40th year and i want you to know you look like you are in your 20th year like me!!! :)kate...jealous...she just got a new ipod that does almost everything yours does. i am the one that is truely JEALOUS to the max!!!!!!! :) but of course so happy for you! that will be great for walking and those types of things too!

Alisa said...

Such a fun day! What a way to celebrate! And you 'crossed the line' and got the IPOD. Hope you are enjoying it.

Cody and Kylie said...

sounds like you had an awesome birthday! and dont you worry, you are as young as you feel! you for sure do not look like the traditional 39 year old, dont you worry! you look much younger! we love you! you are absolutely beautiful, age must agree with you if you really are 39! :)