Do you know the cities you visit better than the city you live in? I do!
Friday night I checked two things off of my list in response to both of these questions. Let me explain...
Alisa and I along with two of our friends, Natasha Howard and Tracy Lee Clarke, traveled to LA on Friday night to the Griffith Observatory. Believe it or not I have never been there. I know, I know, I have lived in So Cal most of my life. I even have it marked on my Google Earth Map. The truth is I see more things (visit more sites) when I leave town than I do right here where I live.
We had so much fun we are going again with more friends in the near future. We barely touched the tip of the iceberg by way of information and displays there. Did you know you can weigh yourself on each planet? Almost everything there is free. There is a $7 show that is a 30 minutes long explaining the history of our knowledge of the sky. It was very well done. I recommend it to all.
This was a perfect activity the night before conference because I was already in a preparation frame of mind. I was filled with a love of the Lord after the show as I pondered how blessed I am to have the gospel in my life. As we watched the show and looked at the galaxy display the scripture in Alma 30 came to mind "All things denote there is a God". We are a blessed people. We are so blessed to know there is a God in the heavens, he has a plan for us and he hears and answers our prayers.
So I checked the Griffith Observatory off my list and I made a step closer to knowing what LA has to offer.

4 comments:
Very cool... I realized too, that I have not seen many of the Southern California 'things' to be seen.
Cool that you crossed another thing off your list. :) I've always wanted to go there as well. It sounds amazing.
first of all...you are lucky i recovered from the heart attack i just had when i saw you updated your blog. i looked thinking well i'm sure she hasn't updated yet cuz i check at least...probably more than once a week and this time you gave me a heart attack! and you did more than one post!!!! tear tear sniff...i'm so proud!!!
comment to this post:
looks very cool. never heard of it. it's true that we don't see the things around us.
love ya!
It was a great night! Thanks for thinking of it!
Post a Comment