Monday, April 14, 2008

Palmdale Aunt Time!

April 11-12, 2008
I had a great time visiting Zack & Michelle and their family Friday night through Saturday. The highlights of the visit were:
1. Drawing with Lori on the Doodle Board
2. Reading books with Lori
3. Rocking Bryn to sleep
4. Having Lori hold my hand while I feel asleep
5. Breakfast at Denny's with Ty and Lori (we even shared a strawberry shake with our breakfast :)
6. Ty helping me laminate the apostle cards
7. Ty telling & showing me his latest sport's collector item...an article on Delmon Young
8. Making chocolate chip cookie dough with Lori to surprise Ty and Zack after the game
9. Ty's baseball game
It was fun for me to get out my favorite camera and put it into sports mode and then click away. Here are a few of the shots of Ty I really liked. I took about two hundred pictures! I tried to get shots of all the players batting and playing for Zack to use later on. I had fun and many flash backs from my brother's games. I forgot what it was like to watch a little league game AND how distracted the boys can get. Ty is still quite a bit taller and more mature than the other boys. Of course I am not prejudice at all. :)



I could not resist this picture. Bryn battle with this sun hat all afternoon. It was a very hot day
Ty played center field the first few innings.
He connected for a double here!
He is running to second base for his double here.

This stance reminds me of Garrett.

He played catcher for the last half of the game. You can tell he really likes this position.

Ty had an amazing game. The game end in a tie because of the time rule but it was my nephew, Ty Bird, who drove in the tying run! So I am a little proud of him. I know he had three hits that game and I know he drove in three runs on two separate hits. He had an awesome game so it was special for me to be there for it! He looked good in Brock's helmut too!


5 comments:

Kate said...

SOOOO FUN!! I want to come home for a game! Glad you had that fun weekend and glad you blogged about it! :)

Zachary Bird said...

yes Corrine it is my favorite position to play.
Thank you for coming. We had lots of fun.
Thanks for taking pictures.
My Mom says I look like Garrett batting also.
Garrett worked with me on my batting. I think that is why I look like him.
I love Brock's helmet. I think of him at least 4 times a week using it.

Rachel Barlow said...

cute comment ty!! so fun...i must say i was tired of looking at the say post everytime and checked your blog and had just about given up on you and i was shocked/pleasantly surprised when i saw you update!!

Dave and Lorraine Barlow said...

I enjoyed reading of your FUN Aunt adventures! thanks for sharing--so FUN!

MEB said...

What cute pictures! It sounds like a fun day!