Monday, March 3, 2008

Zip Line Girls

Alisa and I traveled to Puerto Vallarta (PV) again this year. We were there Feb 21-28th. We were blessed to have two friends (Ami and Marj) join us this year. You can read our daily journal on Alisa's blog. I wanted to share my new adventure I experienced this year.

Well, I finally did it! I went on the zip line (Canopy Tour) tour in PV. Ami Harris and Marj Kempner agreed to go with me and we had a fun time. The only time I got scared was on the rappelling line down the 80 foot platform at the end. I didn't trust my right wrist to hold my weight but once I learned it only held 20% and the line held 80% I gained enough confidence to go down. I loved the experience and would do it again. There are several companies there with several types of zip line tours so I will do another one another year.

As you can tell Alisa did not come with us. There was no way we were going to talk her into going with us after she read through the sales brochure. When she read that she would be standing on 3' X 3' platforms 80 feet above the ground AND that she had to trust her guides and the equipment she said to count her out. I am REALLY glad we did not "talk her into it" or force the issue because she would have been miserable and would have made the rest of us miserable. It was fun having Ami get nervous up there. She is the last one I thought would have been scared...I guess we never know.







11 comments:

Alisa said...

Nice! Glad to see you post.

Rachel Barlow said...

wow impressive! i would love to do that!

MEB said...

wow...you are brave! I don't know if I could have done that! Way to go!

Dave and Lorraine Barlow said...

I am slow reading the blogs but thanks for sharing. I read a lot but will comment on this one. Glad you are brave and had a great time! Go Corrine!

Dave and Lorraine Barlow said...

I am slow reading the blogs but thanks for sharing. I read a lot but will comment on this one. Glad you are brave and had a great time! Go Corrine!

Zachary Bird said...

I am SOOOOO jealous!!!

I am glad you finally did it.

McKay and Rachel said...

Very impressive! It looks like a ton of fun!

Kate said...

Looks like fun! I want to go! :)

THE SAWYER FAM said...

Wow... that is sooo fun! I think I'd be scared too but I would love the rush. Especially once I realized I made it out alive! Keep Posting!

Kate said...

Okay girlfriend!! Where is a new blog?!

Gina Georgianna said...

Looks soooo fun! Thanks for sharing!