Saturday, March 1, 2008

President's Day Hike

It was a bit overcast but green and peaceful at 8:30 am on Monday, February 18th, 2008.


It is SO beautiful here. The rains have turned everything green. I was craving being in nature so I called a couple of friends and invited them to go on a hike. I have been to this location one time with my visiting teachers and really wanted to go again.

So we met at 7:30 am at my home and returned at about 10 am. We went up to Newbury Park to hike in the Santa Monica Mountains. We hiked up to a little waterfall. I loved every minute of it even though I was not feeling 100%. Thank you to my wonderful friends who came with me.

Crossing the creek in the middle of the trail.

At the end of the trail we were rewarded with a waterfall. It was beautiful and very peaceful.

The trail on the way back down. So green and beautiful!

4 comments:

Rachel Barlow said...

SO FUN!! way to update!

MEB said...

Beautiful! I was in shock when I saw the updates! I love it!

Zachary Bird said...

Looks beautiful!!

Diana said...

I love these pictures, Corrine, of the hike. Absolutely gorgeous. You're an excellent photographer.