Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Hobby?

New hobby? It just may be. Alisa and I have started quilting. She suggested we take a quilting class and use our project as a Christmas gift. This guaranteed the project would get done and not be added to the many on our shelves. We had an excellent teacher in Nancy Boyce. She took us step by step through to completion. It was actually not hard. I still struggle with figuring out the measurements but she tells me it will come with time. I have already started another on just to see if I can do it again. This is the quilt I did...my first strip quilt. I worked on it off and on for two months. Todd & Chelsea are the lucky recipients. The first picture is me at work at the sewing machine. Then you have the completion of the top portion of the quilt. Next come tying the quilt (two pictures) and then the final product. I chose the colors because Todd & Chelsea usually give away gifts with the patriotic colors but they don't have very many of their own. She loved it and I am excited for Todd to see it when he returns home.








8 comments:

Kate said...

Love the quilts you both made! Very beautiful and a great talent to have!

MEB said...

I loved the quilts! You and Alisa did a great job!

Cari said...

Great quilt! I love to quilt, haven't done it since 3 kids ago, but I enjoy seeing the finished project and giving it away. Great hobby to start, but beware...it's addicting!

Nancy Boyce said...

I am SO glad you finally decided to brag about your quilt! You did such a good job on it.

Anonymous said...

I love it! I am already using it all the time. I just I will have to share it with Todd when he gets home! Thanks!

McKay and Rachel said...

very cool! looks awesome.

Rachel Barlow said...

looks great!!

Zachary Bird said...

I love it!
You will have to teach me know.