HEAVENLY FATHER ANSWERS PRAYERS!!!
My heart if full of gratitude right now. I have had another prayer answered. I am filled with awe each time it happens. It is not that I don't believe my prayers will be answered because I do or I wouldn't ask. It is that my heart is touched as I realize I really am known. Heavenly Father knows who I am and what I need AND he cares enough to answer my pleas for help. I am writing this down because I want to share my gratitude to the Lord. He is so wonderful and I love him so much. Here are the details of what happened:
My heart if full of gratitude right now. I have had another prayer answered. I am filled with awe each time it happens. It is not that I don't believe my prayers will be answered because I do or I wouldn't ask. It is that my heart is touched as I realize I really am known. Heavenly Father knows who I am and what I need AND he cares enough to answer my pleas for help. I am writing this down because I want to share my gratitude to the Lord. He is so wonderful and I love him so much. Here are the details of what happened:
On my list of "things to do" today was to e-mail directions to our office to a potential client. I wrote his information on a scrap piece of paper at the end of the day yesterday. When I went to send the e-mail this morning and discovered the paper missing. I looked high and low. I went through my garbage can thinking I had tossed it accidentally. I had a prayer in my heart to find it but didn't stop specifically and ask. I asked McKay and Dad to help me look around the office for it, thinking I had moved it somewhere else in the office. I then began to think it got mixed up in the paperwork of the last file I had open last night. Bottom line, I searched took a break, searched and took a break, etc for hours. I was feeling sick about it because I made a commitment to send this potential client an e-mail today.
At about 3pm I decided I needed to take this to Heavenly Father. I knew he knew where it was and would lead me to it or help me find another way to connect with the potential client. So I bowed my head and poured out my heart. I described the paper, where I had last seen it, the fact that I had other files by it and asked Heavenly Father to help me remember each paper and file that was by it yesterday and help me retrace my steps so I could find it. As I spoke the "Amen" to my prayer, I remembered exactly (as if I was watching a moving) the last papers I had in that area. I went to the drawer where I put them last night and there sticking to the back of one of them was my lost scratch paper!
I immediately was overcome with the emotion of gratitude and offered a prayer of gratitude. I know with all of my heart that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. I am so GRATEFUL for this gift of communication he has given us.
5 comments:
Neat story, thanks for sharing. I too am amazed everytime I realize that He really does care about each of us individually!
You are right, it's not because we don't believe He will answer our prayers, its just amazing that every time he does!
awesome!! thanks for sharing!
Thanks!
He loves each of us. Even with our falsed.
Kevin and I are living in TN and I scrapbook with a friend of yours and Alyssa's-Jill Holt. I don't know here maiden name, but she knows you from school or something. Such a small world.
Post a Comment