I am feeling very cultured (if that is a word)! In the month of November I had the privledge of seeing three productions for lack of a better word.

It all started on Saturday, November 3 as twelve of us attended the production of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza. There were some new songs I really liked in it. The lulaby sung to Hannah was beautiful. We looked at it as a birthday celebration for Brock. He loves the movie as it is a family tradition to watch together each Christmas. The best part of watching it together is when the boys mimic the scenes. Garrett, of course, is a pro at it!
On Thursday, November 15 I had a dream come true as I attended the "Lord of the Dance". This is a show I have wanted to see for years. I finally did it with Alisa's encouragement. Dad, Mom, Alisa, Ami Harris and I attended the "Lord of the Dance" performance at the Civic Arts Plaza. It was wonderful. The dancing was amazing. The dancers looked like they were gliding as the pranced and stomped to the music in Celtic fashion. It was very well done.
On Saturday, November 17 I received phone call from Chelsea inviting me to attend the "Nutcracker" with her at the Oxnard Performing Arts Center. I was in the middle of a quilting class but decided I wanted to "bond" with Chelsea. I had never seen the "Nutcracker" before so it was a fun, new experience. It turned out that Rachel took Anna & Carly to the same performance along with their friends Becky & Eva. I read on the program to get the storyline of the performance which helped me to understand. I thought it was well done and I really enjoyed going to it with Chelsea.
2 comments:
Very nice! You are going to enjoy the Forgotten Carols. I just went and saw it with Elizabeth on Monday.
i am excited that you and alisa are going to plays.
Post a Comment