Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dodgers Win at Home

What a great experience at the Dodger game!

Brock and I attended the game with two of my friends, Kristina Ferrin and Sara Chambers. Kristina called Friday night letting me know she had two tickets if we were interested. Wow, she has great seats and total connections through her company. THANK YOU KRISTINA!

It was fun being with Brock because he was seeing the stadium and the updates for the first time. This is the first game he had been for 2 1/2 years. Kristina said it was like watching a child at Christmas.

We were so close to the action. We were only about 10 rows up on the third base line. I had the great camera with the zoom lens. I had so much fun taking pictures and seeing everything so close. I took about 200 pictures. It was really hard to decide on just a few for this entry. I will describe why I put each picture here.

This was taken at Brock's request. He got so excited to see it. I liked how it turned out. What a great zoom lens!

Yes, this is Manny. I was laughing at how his hair got in the way when he through the ball. Check out his hair. He is definitely is on the team for his bat, not his defensive skills.

I like this picture even though he struck out this at bat. I was impressed I snapped it perfectly.
We went to the top of the stadium for the purpose of shopping. Brock was in search of the Brooklyn Dodgers large "B" baseball cap. We didn't find it at this stop but we got a great picture of him here. By the way, we later found it at a kiosk about four rows away from our seats.

I like my picture too, but I like Brock's better. Guess the photographer does make a difference. :)
This is one of my favorite pictures I took last night. Check out the ball arriving in Loney's glove. You may have noticed I am no longer taking pictures from the third base side. At the seventh inning we moved seats. Kristina called in a favor and got us in the Dodger Dugout seats. HOLY COW, you are really close to the action there. We were so spoiled last night.

Another picture I like. Martin steals second here. Eckstein was airborne to catch the ball and tried to get him. I wish I had the airborne picture, but I am happy with this one - notice the umpire!
Check out how close we were. This was taken from our seats without the zoom lens on.

This is another one of my favorite pictures. I love "my" camera!

This is a picture of Either and the game winning hit. I was SO excited that we won. It capped off the amazing experience we had there. It was a special treat that my favorite Dodger player had the winning hit that drove in the winning run. By the way, I didn't mind the extra inning because of our great seats. I wanted to enjoy them for as long as possible.
OH YEAH BABY!
This was a great statistic/part of history to be a part of!
I love this picture. We took it after the game as we lingered checking everything out about the Dugout Seating. We even stood in line waiting for the players to come out of the club house. We didn't get any signatures but we saw...Matt Kemp, Jeff Weaver, Belisario, bull pen coaches, Juan Pierre, Broxton, and the new pitcher called up from Double A.

This was an evening for the memory books! I am grateful I went and thankful Brock was with me. It really was fun to watch his excitement about everything. Thanks Alisa for your sacrifice. By the way, Saturday McKay and Rachel received a call that they could have four tickets to the game so Alisa & McKay took Anna & Carly. This was them waving at us!

5 comments:

Kate said...

So fun! LUCKY!! that you got such great seats. Love all the pictures... your camera is awesome. I really want a large, professional one now. I tried taking pictures at the temple and I need a wide. Thanks for posting, BTW. :)

Zachary Bird said...

So much fun!!!
You are lucky.
We hope to get to a game or two this year.
Lori said to tell you she sure wants to go.

MEB said...

Wow-those are some AWESOME pictures and seats! That is so cool you got to go. I am sure Brock was on cloud 9. I hope I make it to at least one game this year.

sara said...

Incredible seats!! Good thing you got your Manny pictures prior to his suspension!!

Tasha said...

I can't pretend to understand this particular passion, but I'm glad you had such a good time!